Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

I had a CT Scan yesterday at 2pm of my abdomen and pelvis because

I had a CT Scan yesterday at 2pm of my abdomen and pelvis because i was having some symptoms. So at 4pm my primary care doctor called I was supposed to leave next
Monday to go to Sweden and he said that what they saw on the CT Scan I very serious he mentioned the word appendicititis. I was just looking online at my medicial record it says also something about right paracollic gutter mass on the CT. When my doctor talked to more said he has to put into the computer for me an urgent care appointment for general surgery. How serious do you think this sounds, do you really highly think I do have appendicititis and how do you think they will go about treating me if I have to have surgery do you think they will have to do a big incision.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
It is not reasonable to wait almost a week if appendicitis is suspected. A mass in the right paracolic gutter may be due to the appendix. It can be chronic appendicitis, an infection, or an abcess. You need to attempt to get an earlier appointment.
The information you provided is very minimal and not en ough to determine if you need surgery. If surgery is needed it can often be done without a large incision, but there is no guarantee. I would advise you to seek an earlier appointment.