Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I fell down the stairs a few months ago and fell on my arm.

Customer Question

I fell down the stairs a few months ago and fell on my arm. It hurt for a few weeks but then stopped. I never went to the doctor because I thought it would be fine but I can't straighten it out now without it hurting and sometimes it still and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but I still have pain in my arm every once in a while. I'm just nervous that I might have to wear a cast or something and I work in the medical field!! What do you think is wrong and I should do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience.
Your probably broke your arm in the fall and damaged the joint.
So. What should you do?
As a person in the medical field you already know what you should do:
See an orthopedic surgeon ASAP.
or risk spending the rest of your life with arm problems....problems that will most likely only get worse over the coming years if you don't get proper treatment now.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS