Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am 68 and my neck is really getting wrinkles. How can this

Customer Question

I am 68 and my neck is really getting wrinkles. How can this be tightened without surgery???
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Well, Botox is the beat treatment for wrinkles.
Botox is a medication and a neurotoxic protein produced by a bacteria.
You can also use tretinoin gel and is available on prescription, to be used twice daily, it will help but it is a slow process.
Photodynamic therapy with blue light would also be helpful.
You should take healthy and well balanced diet.
You should eat citrus fruits, low-fat milk, carrots and dark green vegetables. A multivitamin might also be a good idea.
You should Exercise your face and neck each day. This will tighten the musculature of your neck and pull in sagging skin a bit.
The only FDA-approved topical treatment for wrinkles is tretinoin, known commercially as Retin A.
Studies, have found that use of Topical vitamin C is helpful for getting wrinkle free neck.
I would recommend that you visit Dermatologist for evaluation and get it managed.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.