Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a gastric bypass about 6 years ago now I'm having upper

Customer Question

I had a gastric bypass about 6 years ago now I'm having upper abdominal pain and its hurting all the way through my back I'm also having constipation I could barely eat I feel nausea and dry mouth I really like to know what's going on about a year and a half ago I had gallstone removed along with my gallbladder I also had reconstructive bow repair but now my abdominal pain is come back the same way it was when those things were happening
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
You may have developed chronic pancreatitis.
The pancreatic duct may be blocked from the stone or inflammation or any growth causing the symptoms.
Another possibility can be spincter of Oddi dysfunction ( SOD)--opening of the pancreatic and common bile duct to the duodenum.
If this is stenosed or narrowed then the pancreatic enzymes do not release into the intestine resulting in back pressure and the symptoms.
So you will need to see a gastroenterologist and get a MRCP test done.
MRCP is non invasive MRI scan of the ducts system to look for any obstruction.
Try to increase the dietary fibers gradually and follow a low fat diet --mainly semisolids to help with the digestion.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)