Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Doctors.I am concerned...my daughter just gave birth

Customer Question

Hello doctors.I am concerned...my daughter just gave birth a few days ago to a 5 lb 7 oz baby boy who was 36 weeks. He has been in NICU since he was born at 11:38 PM May 1.
He is a white male. He is doing better but his lungs were not totally OK, so he has had a tube that has now been removed to help assist breathing. Now he only has an air tube to help with breathing an he is given IV through his cord. His mom had preeclampsia and although she has normally had low BP it has been high and erratic before and now after. However, it is getting better and she finally came home yesterday and was told to monitor her BP and take pills as needed depending on how high or low. She will also check with a cardiologist each day. She is an A personality and worries very much and that worry has raised her BP in the past, so all this affects her all the more and she is still depressed about baby not being home. However, that is not the problem.
I am concerned since I stayed at her place and used her BP kit 4 times in 2 days about 2-3 hours after I put on androgel 1.62 on my biceps area. Now she came home yesterday about 6 PM and has likely used the BP twice and then pumped...she only has colostrum...and what they get they put into the IV with whatever else, fats and proteins of some sort. Do I need to be concerned since she would have used the cuff for the first time about 36 hours after I used it? Please help! Should I contact the parents and drive them crazy...and then the NICU. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and have not been able to sleep since...Now contacting you before I call her husband...
Here is my concern. I take andgrogle
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.
You need not worry about this.
She used the cuff about 36 hours after you had used it.
Any androgel which was sticking on the cuff would have dried off by then.
There is no chance of any absorption so long after you have used it.
Dont worry about this - it wont have caused any harm.
Discussing this may only cause needless alarm.
You havent caused any harm to her, dont worry.
Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating. We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!
Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Response was quick and precise. Thank you.
Glad to be of help.
You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.