Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Well here is my very serious question, about 4 and 1/2 months

Customer Question

Hi well here is my very serious question, about 4 and 1/2 months ago I had emergency surgery due to hemorrhaging, when I was 27 yes old I had my ovaries removed and it was a very poorly done surgery, and 4 months ago I had to have another emergency surgery due to bleeding, I thought that the problem had finally been fixed but I awoke this morning to extreme pressure and pain followed up with heavy bleeding, and dark clumpy things in the toilet every time I use the bathroom , now normally I would have gone to the e.r. immediately however my grandmother just passed away and her funeral is this Thursday, do you think I can wait until Friday to go to the hospital and do u think that all of this excess stress has caused all of this or do u think its something way more serious and potentially life threatening please I need an honest answer and opinion ASAP
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
Sorry to hear about loss of your grandmother.
Well, In most cases, this problem is related to abnormal changes in hormone levels. Yes, stress is the common cause with such symptoms.
It can result in hormonal imbalance and result in heavy bleeding.
Usually it is not related with any serious issue or life threatening problem.
Other possible reason are-
-Uterine fibroids (benign tumors of smooth muscle tissue),
-Adenomyosis (the presence of uterine lining tissue within the muscular wall of the uterus)
-Underactive thyroid function (hypothyroidism),
-Changes in hormone levels
You will be requiring few tests- including Blood tests, Ultrasound scan, Pap test, Endometrial biopsy.
A thorough clinical examination and detailed testing should be done for precise diagnosis.
I know you are going through tough phase, but you should get tested on Friday.
From my clinical experience I can say that- Yes, it would be safe to wait till Friday and then get it checked from your doctor.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.