Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

QUESTION}

Customer Question

{QUESTION}
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
How can I help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes how can I help you?
What is your question.
Please post your question here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I have had this bite looking thing for about 7 months when I first got it it was big and red and after a month it went down but since then it's been like this and tonight I pressed on it and the black came out any idea what this is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is another photo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get all that
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The one on the leg seems to be a local skin infection most likely a deep folliculitis called as furuncle.
Since it has drained out it should heal up in a few days time.
Meanwhile I would recommend that you should apply some antibiotic ointment like polysporin on it and keep it as clean as possible.
The second picture showing the hand, I presume, seems most likely to be a skin tag or a small neurofibroma. In either case it is not something serious or anything to worry about. It is a harmless or benign lesion.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why had it been black for 7 months what was that from? Now that I pushed on it that black and some skin scaling came off. Now there is a big hole. I'm just confused to why it take so long and it never healed. Was this a spider bite or staph infection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The other photo was the black that was in my leg on my finger to show you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Secondary staph infection is a possibility I agree.
The black discoloration is due to deposition of melanin pigment.
Melanin pigment deposition is common in skin lesions and it is not something to worry about.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So do you say it's a staph infection? It's been like this for about 6 months but when I first got it was very swelled. Never had anything like this. Why was my skin around during it scaling? This photo I attached is how it looked for the 6 months and you see how the different color around it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And then after I decided to push it I did and it came out like that was on my finger in the photo and now there
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
So do you say it's a staph infection?
A staph infection can happen anywhere on the skin.
I am not saying this was a staph infection to start with but it could have been a super added staph infection i.e. it may have started differently and then later on a staph infection could have happened causing the inflammation, pain and redness.
Why was my skin around during it scaling?
Scaling can happen due to the routine healing process so it is not something that I would worry about too much.
This photo I attached is how it looked for the 6 months and you see how the different color around it?
The color around the lesion is not something that I would worry about too much as this can happen normally during inflammation or healing process.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So is this normal is there an infection just worried about that big black hole I had and then I removed it and now there is a hole in my skin will it heal now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
??
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The hole will heal up, that is not something to worry about at all.
All this is a normal healing process going on as far as I am concerned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay one more question I have been getting a lot of these red kinda pimples on the back of my head and they hurt they go away after a week and return a few days Later here and there any reason why?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
These pimples happen quite commonly in people who have oily skin.
So it is the type of your skin that is causing this to happen.
I would appreciate it if you rate me before we proceed.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thanks. You don't think this a infection of some kind? Just been getting these recently
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
No this is not any infection.
You need to relax.
This is not something serious or anything to worry about.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below as that is the only way I am credited here for helping you out.
Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Kind regards