Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My daughter is 8 months old, she has suffered from eczema on

Customer Question

My daughter is 8 months old, she has suffered from eczema on her cheeks for the past 4 months. Her symptoms include, red dry flaky and recently wet oozing cheeks. We have been to multiple doctors and have received different creams, none which have helped. She is now on Novo-Lexin 125 (Cephalexin for oral suspension USP) which is to take twice a day, and her follow-up appointment is only next week. Is this prescription going to help her condition, or is there any other options/medications that will help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question. I'm very sorry about this. Yes, this medication should help. Basically this is aimed at treating the bacteria so it doesn't get secondarily infected. I found a great article for you with tons of helpful tips. Here is a linkhttp://emedicine.medscape.com/article/911574-treatmentI would follow the measures on that page. I could list then for you but it is probably better if you read it as it is very extensive. Let me know if you need more help
need more help?