Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Can a person sleepwalk outside, during the daylight? I was

Customer Question

Can a person sleepwalk outside, during the daylight? I was in a Starbucks the other day with my husband behind me, walking out. I have absolutely no memory of a line of people in front of us who were walking out, nor where my husband was, who was behind me walking slowly. ===I guess I thought I was lined up with the front door, where people were exiting.===I wasn't. I CRASHED into a front glass panel (with no stickers on it, although the door had stickers) to the RIGHT of the front door, hit my knee hard, then my right arm, then my head, hard. People around me gasped, saying "Are you all right?" I didn't answer them, but walked out.Since then, I feel fine, no double vision, no side effects, only a very sore knee.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidmost likely you weren't sleep walkingyou could have had a lapse of consciousness or were day dreaming or you could have had a transient ischemic attack possiblyyou should see your doctor and get a neurological workup and a brain MRI scan with contrastchances are your workup will be normalsometimes we can be distracted or be day dreaming or be distracted for short periods of time when we can forget where we are and walk into a glass doorbut best to be sure and see your doctor and get a neurological workupdo you have a doctor you can see who can run some tests for you?