Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Good morning Why sometimes i feel a chest pain just after

Customer Question

Good morning
Why sometimes i feel a chest pain just after finishing my workout . It persist for 5 to 10 seconds . But i never felt while working out .
I did all cardio tests through a routine check up since 2 months ago & it was very fine .
EKG : Normal
Stress test : Negative stress test ( reached to 103% of my target heart rate 191 HBM
Echocardiogram: Dr told me ihave a strong heart muscel 110%)
I need to know the symptoms of overtraining or overloading on my heart muscel during exercising or workout .
Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. For a person with no heart disease, there really an issue of overtraining or overloading the heart. There is a point at which the heart cannot be pushed further, but the sign is simply that you cannot continue performing the action that is overloading the heart. If the heart is otherwise healthy, there will be no permanent damage that would be done to the heart by training hard. Since the heart evaluation was normal, there is no reason for you to be concerned about heart disease. In this situation, chest pain that arises after a workout and only last 5-10 seconds is usually due to the musculoskeletal exertion involved in the workout. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a cervical spine disk protrusion , that's why i sometimes also after working out i feel an ache pain around my triceps muscel in my left arm .
Can this be another cause of chest pain .
Cervical spine disc disease would typically not cause chest pain, but similar disease in the thoracic spine could cause chest pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cervical spine protrusion can cause arm & neck pain while working out ?
Yes, cervical disc disease can commonly cause pain in the neck and arm that is worse with exertion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My last question
What i can do to prevent heart diseases & strokes in the future .
My father has a history with both after the age of 60s
I had a slight hight cholesterol since 5 years but i managed it & after i was on crestor 5 . The doctor told me to stop it as all my readings are fine .
My blood pressure is 130/90 .
I lost about 17 Kg of my weight & now i am in my ideal weight.
I am training daily (Tough training) climbing stairs , running , pushups etc...
All my cardio tests were great . Thanks God
I am sorry for the delay, but I was away from the computer when you replied. The interventions to prevent heat disease and stroke are interventions to improve the cardiovascular risk factors, as appropriate to the individual, such as quitting smoking, controlling high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, eating a healthy low-fat, low-salt diet, getting regular exercise, and achieving or maintaining ideal body weight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr D
May i know when the body begin to save plaques in his body 30 or 40s.
If all my tests were good . This can indicate that my arteries are fine . Or at least in a good condition .
Thanks
In some people, early plaque formation can start in the teenage years. However, there is no value in identifying people with early plaque formation, as the only interventions that have been shown to help at this stage are the cardiovascular risk factor modifications noted above, and we would do them regardless of whether there are early plaques present. The tests that assess the heart are only good at detecting significant plaque formation, so good tests results indicate that there is no significant heart disease, but they cannot say that there is no early plaque formation. So we can say that the heart is in good condition, but we cannot say that there are no early plaques present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when should i begin to monitor it ?
Or if I controlled my health i can discard monitoring it ?
Thanks
Typically, we only perform heart assessments when someone is having symptoms that could be due to heart disease.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And this what i have done since 2 months .
So i don't need any furthers tests . Right ?
Correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why sometimes i feel dizzy for a seconds when standing up from sitting on a low chair ?
That is a new question and according to the rules of JustAnswer, it would need to be posted as a separate question.