Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a sore throat that gets worse in the afternoon..

Customer Question

Hi.. I have a sore throat that gets worse in the afternoon.. its been like that for so long..I feel as if I have a fever but is inside.. cann't feel it with a thermomether, gets better with warm drinks and I am well in the morning.. I work cleaning houses in Manhattan. .
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf for a long time, it is most likely:a. acid reflux.b. allergyc. lesion in the throat [rare]. You need to also be checked for mono if has only been a couple of weeks. See your doctor for an exam. He might prescribe a strong acid as a test, depending on the findings. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.