Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had a toothache on the upper right Read more: http://www.justanswe

Customer Question

I had a toothache on the upper right side a few days ago. (This tooth had broken off quite awhile ago, but I never got it fixed). Yesterday, the pain was unbearable. I took one alive at 7:30, went to work & had to take ibuprofen at 4pm. After that didn't help much, I called in a prescription that my son had received from his dentist (amoxicillin). I took 500mg & another alive around 8pm, went to sleep. This morning when I woke up, my face is so swollen as if someone had punched me. But the pain has subsided. Am I having a reaction to the antibiotics? Do I need to see a dentist now?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou should not be taking antibiotics from your sonyou could be allergic to penicillinyou should go to the ER or see your dentist right away. your infection could be worse or you could be having an allergic reactionyou will need to get skin allergy testing to see if you are allergic to penicillin and amoxicillin.do you have an ER where you can go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was went to the ER & I will not pay for Dr. David's advice.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
what other questions you have?