Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have tested negative at 3 wks and at 9 wks ten panel

Customer Question

I have tested negative at 3 wks and at 9 wks for a ten panel text of std's including Hiv I and Hiv 2 and the RNA early detection hiv test. Now I have pain in my muscles and bones and my lymph nodes under my arms are swollen and sore and they did have a red itchy rash. Could these test for hiv have been negative? If not what could be causing my problem. I am also very weak.
Thank you for all you help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concern. These HIV tests are accurate.RNA detection test along with HIV antibody tests are very sensitive especially after 9 weeks. The sensitivity approaches over 99%.So these symptoms are not HIv related. Do not worry
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 1 year ago.
hiI am one of the HIV experts. If you have had RNA early detection test then it is 99.8% accurate. It is hard for me to say whether or not the ones done at 3 and 9 weeks are accurate because if they are antibody only, you are still in the window period.That being siad, if you are having swollen nodes and rash, this could be another viral infection, like mononucleosis or CMV.If the nodes are still swollen after another few weeks, I would talk to your doctor about getting one of them biopsied to rule out blood related cancers (lymphoma)I hope that this helped.Please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise