Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Began with feeling of fullness in ears and steroids were nor

Customer Question

Began with feeling of fullness in ears and steroids were nor prescribed right away. Now I finished with steroids and I feel worse each day. I have non-stop tititus AND feling of pain and numbness on face and eyes for the past 2 months my lower wisdow teeth have began to come ou slowly. Ear pain, loss of hearing
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou could have a bacterial sinus infection causing your symptoms of fullness in your ears and pain and numbness on you face and eyes you might need a course of antibiotics to help your sinus infection. that is the firs thing to try. if that doesn't work, then you see an ENT doctor and get a sinus CT scan to check for sinus drainage problems you might need sinus surgery. have you had a course of antibiotics yet? do you have a doctor you can see who can refer you to an ENT specialist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had antibiotics, prednizsone, CT scan and MRI, but still no answer to my issue. How about my lower wisdom teeth?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you need an MRI scan of the brain with contrast to check for things like acoustic neuromas which can cause loss of hearingand also to check for trigeminal neuralgia which can cause pain in the jaw and teeth and numbnesswas your MRI scan of the brain with contrast? without contrast trigeminal neuralgia can be missedalso open MRI scan is not as good as a closed MRI scan of the brain.