Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have been suffering from severe pains under my rib cage

Customer Question

Hi. I have been suffering from severe pains under my rib cage and in my back initially. Like labor pains. This was ignored. Over the past 10 years I began with severe fatigue, right sided eye pain and headaches. Under my right rib is really sore and is radiating up my back. When I took thyroxine and before my periods I have a terrible chest pain that radiates to my right collar bone. I sweat and become dehydrated. I did a liver test which was within range , but at the very low end. Could this be my gallbladder? I'm finding it difficult to look after my toddler as I feel so Ill and need to go to bed very early. When I get up I feel like I've been thrown down stairs- my back hurts so much.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
pains under your right rib cage could be from inflammation of your gall bladder or gall stones.
you need a gall bladder ultrasound to check for inflammation and stones and a HIDA scan to see if your gall bladder is function properly or not
if your gall bladder is not function properly and is causing you pain, you might benefit from having it surgically removed.
you need to see a doctor and get more testing to check your female hormone levels and testing to check for autoimmune disorders and arthritis of your spine.
you might have ankylosing spondylitis or arthritis possibly of your spine.
if you are overweight, you might benefit from weight loss and physical therapy as well.
if you snore at night, sleep apnea can cause severe fatigue
low iron or low B12 or low ferritin levels can cause fatigue
let me know if you have questions.