Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine

i am 80 years old. i have had ED for many years. i can still

i am 80 years old. i have had ED for many years. i can still bet erection but not enough for intercouse. i have had shots in my penis to get erection and the shot produced erections ahd i was able to have intercouse. i do not want to do this regularly. my health is good, but i do take metoprolol and furosemide daily. my heart doctor is willing to allow me to take cialis, but my other doctor advises against it. i would like to try it as i am active sexully but i am worried about all the side effects. i do have reaction to some drugs. i would like to try cialis under doctor's supervision to be sure i would not have these side effects. has any-one done this?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

patients try cialis and viagra and levitra in the privacy of their home 30 minutes prior to sexual intercourse.

just taking the medication does not give you an erection right away.

it helps improve blood flow and erections when you are sexually stimulated in the act of having sex.

so you have to use these medications in the privacy of your home.

most patients don't get side effects.

some patients get headaches or dizziness since these medications can cause drops if your blood pressure.

you have to try the medication to know if you will have side effects. this is how it is with all medications.

if you have a doctor willing to prescribe you cialis, get a prescription for cialis 10mg and try it at home to see if it helps. that is the starting dose.

let me know if you have questions.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there. I would like to gather information from you.

What does your blood pressure normally run?
This is Dr. David

if you are taking metoprolol and furosemide, adding cialis or another ED medication can cause your blood pressure to drop.

so you have to be careful with this.

one of the most common side effects is headaches and dizziness from ED medications dropping your blood pressure

so you have to monitor your blood pressure at home and take your blood pressure before you take the ED med and if you have any dizziness symptoms.

do you know how to take your own blood pressure?
Hi, as long as you are. Not on any nitrate meds and your heart is ok, without chest pain, then it's safe to take cialis or one of those meds. Speak with your doc. I've prescribed cialis and the like in many men your age without problems. Only nitrate meds and active coronary disease or contraindications .
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience: board certified internal medicine