Dr. Shahzad MD
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCPS.
28323552

I am looking at my sons autopsy report and I need a question

I am looking at my son's autopsy report and I need a question answered, please. It says that Rigidity is 2+/4+ and lividity is posterior. Does this mean full rigor mortis was in place? and was he laying on his back? It was the end of February, 2013, so it was cold and his hands and feet were submerged in water.

Can you please help me by answering my questions.

Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Does this mean full rigor mortis was in place? Yes, rigor mortis was in place.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

was he laying on his back? Yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The lividity was posterior which means he was most likely lying on his back.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Yes I'm here

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Any more questions?

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please continue.

Customer:

They found during autopsy that his left ventrical was enlarged and he says it resulted in a fatal cardiac arrhythmia but says status post motor vehicle accident. does sttus POST mean he knew he was going to go over in that ravine?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Status post motor vehicle accident means he had a motor vehicle accident and after that he died and this autopsy is done after (post) motor vehicle accident.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

In simple words they want to say that he had a motor vehicle accident and the autopsy report is being carried out after that.

Customer:

Sorry for the spelling, I sit here upset still and I thank you for your answers.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am sorry to know that you are upset and I understand.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would have felt the same way.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)

Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.