DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

my daughter stepped on an unidentified stinging bug 48 hours

my daughter stepped on an unidentified stinging bug 48 hours ago - she had the stinger removed by an adult - daughter says it looked like a small black stick. she also was bitten by what appears to be mosquitoes on the top of the same foot. this foot is swollen on top - red and holding heat. is it time for a trip to the er???
Hello

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. I will help you with your question and any follow up questions you have.

Yes, since it is still getting worse, and since there is the possibility of cellulitis, then this probably should be treated.

It is not worth waiting over night for it to get worse and more difficult to treat, potentially.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you - on the way to the hospital now

You are welcome anytime
any questions

Please do not forget a positive rating.