Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Today I checked my mail at my P.O. Box and much to my surprise

Today I checked my mail at my P.O. Box and much to my surprise there sat my tenants rental check that I always pick up the 1st of the month... this is the 15th. Upon checking further I realized no deposit had been made in my account; no receipt had been sent and I had not paid my gardner which I always do when I get the rent check. This has really thrown me. It is like the entire month of Nov has just hurried past and my mind hasn't been working at all. It scares me. How could I have forgotten to pick up the check; deposit it; send a receipt and pay the gardner? Even as I looked at the check, in my mind, I saw myself writing out the receipt, paying the gardner and mailing them yet that was last month. Am I losing my mind or getting senile?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

you are not going senile since you realized your oversite and went back to retrace your steps. you are possibly mixing up prior memories of prior writing of checks from prior months.

it is common to have oversights like this. I have done it myself.

you should see your doctor and get a full neurological workup

mild memory lapses like this does not mean you are having early dementia

it is common for these minor memory lapses to happen as we all get older.

don't stress

do you have a doctor you can see who you can talk to about these memory issues.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I don't see a mental health expert if that's what you mean. I could mention it to my GP he's pretty good about things like that however this is really the first at least what I'd call major lapse. I've been going over the past couple of weeks to remember if there was any out of the ordinary activity that could have caused me to let this slip by. A couple of things do come to mind but trust me that rent check is a big part of my income and something I fret a bit over each month wondering if it'll be on time. To let it go by with no thought at all is highly unusual but I did get a large check from an annuity so maybe having that extra money in my account caused me to relax a bit about money issues period. At any rate I feel more comfortable after your help. Thank you very much.

yes, I would talk it over with your GP.

increased stress can cause you to be more forgetful as well

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.