Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi.. I was feeling my neck, under my ear lobe (right in the

I was feeling my neck, under my ear lobe (right in the groove where your jaw bone meets your neck) and I feel a hard lump. It is not like this on the other side. It is a little painful when I press down on this. I am a little nervous about what that could be. Would type of doctor would I need to see to look into this?
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience.

That is probably a swollen lymph node.

The best doctor to help you figure out what is going on would be an internal medicine or family practice MD.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. What could cause a swollen lymph node.

Tons of things...a sore throat, an infected hair follicle on your head, a mild cold.....

In the vast, vast majority of cases a swollen lymph node is nothing to worry about.

Make sense?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Definitely something I should get check out though?

My pleasure.

Yes, I think it would not hurt to get it checked out :)

See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;)

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Have a great weekend :)

Dr. Rick MD FACS