Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I hear sounds coming from my chest (?) and throat that sound

I hear sounds coming from my chest (?) and throat that sound like a cat meowing and/or a mouse squeeking. It's loud enough that others can hear it.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have any symptoms like chest pain (specially on left side), shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath on exertion etc? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have shortness of breath when I swim laps, climb stairs in my condo too many times in a row. Sometimes difficulty breathing almost sends me into a panic attack.

Judy thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. The likely cause for this sound coming from chest and/or throat is wheezing sound due to mild asthma. This sound can't be associated with any heart problem. You should first see your PCP who must listen to your lungs and can diagnose the problem. If this is mild asthma related sound, he can prescribe you medicines himself. He can send you to the cardiologist if he feel that this shortness of breath has anything to do with your heart. But so far with the history you have provided, your heart is not likely to be the source of your problem. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. So my family history with heart disease doesn't factor into this? My mother had double by-pass, brother triple by pass surgery. Mother had severe asthma and emphysema, as does brother. He also has COPD.

Judy thanks a lot for your input. Your family history of heart diseases does matter but the sound that comes from your chest and that you and other people hear is not related to heart problem. That is the reason that i have advised you to get your lungs checked by PCP first and then if he thinks that your shortness of breath is related to your heart, only in that case you should see cardiologist. Till you visit your PCP, don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.