Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

My son is 50 years old. Has been told that his kidneys are

My son is 50 years old. Has been told that his kidneys are that of a 70 year old.
Can this be reversed? If so How?
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
That is a very vague statement given by a health professional about the state of some one's kidneys.
There are myriad kidney conditions, some of them can be treated and reversed by medication and other conservative measures, some of them require surgery, where as others are irreversible of require some sort of replacement like hemodialysis or transplant of the kidneys. In brief, most kidney conditions are not immediately life threatening and are treatable by conservative means.
Both the drugs you mentioned are anti cholesterol or cholesterol lowering drugs, they ar not used to treat kidney conditions or conditions related to kidney disease.
Your son should demand more detail from his health care provider regarding the condition he has and what is to be expected.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.