Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

Hi dr. Hope all finds you well I have been to two dermatologist

Hi dr. Hope all finds you well

I have been to two dermatologist to have a bump on foot looked at. They both dismissed it. Should I seek a podiatrist. I'm hoping it's a corn or bunion and not a mole
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. What does the lump look like? What is the color of the overlying skin?

Q. Is it painful?

Q. When did you notice it first?

Q. Do you have a picture of the lump, you can send it by attaching it with this thread using the "paper pin" icon in the tool bar above this text box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr I an sending this via phone therefore I cannot find attachment
Alright Julie.

Then can you be more descriptive about the lump.
Is it hard or soft or rubbery?

Does it move under the skin or is it within the skin?

Is it painful?

When did you notice it? Has it increased in size?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is right in the side if foot where a bunion would form. That is where I use to get irritated after wearing my shoes. The bump in usually skin color but if I manipulate it it can turn red. It feels it's right on top of a bony part if the side foot under toe. Feels like extra skin but hard to tell since it's right in top of bone

Thanks for the details, Julie.

Although bunions and cysts are clinical diagnosis and one can not say exactly which one of the two they are, but from the characteristics of the lump/swelling, this does sound like a bunion and not a mole.
A mole specially melanomas are black or brown in color, they are not mobile under the skin rather it is in the skin. It does not appear as a swelling over the bone.
You should however, consult a Podiatrist to get definitive treatment for this since it is giving you discomfort and disturbing your daily activities.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.