Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have been using hyocsyamine sulfate for stomach cramps.

I have been using hyocsyamine sulfate for stomach cramps. No longer seems to be helping. Is there something else that I can take?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any other medication.

Customer:

Have had surgery for colorectal cancer. I am 7 years postop. Take lomotil, & cirtrucel fiber,

Dr. Rick, MD :

Ok.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Have you ever tried Drotaverine? This is very good for stomach cramps and intestinal cramping caused by the smooth muscles in your intestines etc

Customer:

No

Dr. Rick, MD :

Ok. I would ask your doctor about that medication and, possibly, Mebeverine. Both of these medications can be very helpful when levsin is no longer doing the job for you.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Do these medications require a prescription?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Yes, just like the levsin, they are both by Rx only.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I do not think you are going to find a over the counter medicine that will do the job if levsin is not strong enough :(

Customer:

I am currently out of town. Is there anything over the counter that I can take until I get home tomorrow?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Pepto bismol extra strength is about the best you are going to get OTC....

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure. Have a good evening.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS