Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a sore throat and low grade temp. I am on antibiotics

I have a sore throat and low grade temp. I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection. I got better and now am worse.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am an ENT specialist and can help you.
Since how long you have this?
Since how long you are on antibiotics?
Do you have symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat?
Is your sore throat worse in the morning?
Any pain killer you are on?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have had this for 2 weeks.

I have been on antibiotics for 10 days.

I have post nasal drip, no obstruction or discharge.

My throat was worse this morning and my temp. was 100. I rarely ever run a temp. even low grade

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There can be two possible causes for your symptoms. Either your antibiotics have not worked perfectly against the infection and you need a change in antibiotics. The other possibility which is more likely is this that you can have an associated acid reflux. This acid reflux can cause all the symptoms you have. But don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations following things can help you.
1. Over the counter available Cap Omeprazole 40mg once daily.
2. Over the counter tab Tylenol thrice daily.
3. Steam inhalation with menthol drops.
If you start feeling better in 4 days, continue them, otherwise visit your doctor again who after assessing you can change your antibiotics. I am hopeful that you will feel better soon. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery