Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

Hi, Ive been suffering now for 2 months with some kind of

I've been suffering now for 2 months with some kind of hearing loss. It originally started as a painful feeling of water in my ear. After seeing four different doctors who told me the follow:
1. It's not an ear infection because you have no fever
2. Take this decongestant in the form of a nasel spray
3. It's hay fever
4. You may have hear loss
All these don't seem like the right solution as my ability to ear flaxuats during the day. I hear ringing ever now and then and also experience short burst of pain and occasionally head aches from straining myself to hear what people are saying to me. I've asked to be referred to a specilist and no action was taken. I also asked for my ears to be seringed and was told it was unnessary to my case.
Could you please recommend a solution as it is effecting my work and family life?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 8 months ago.

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Natasha :

have you seen an ear specialist?

Customer:

I have asked for a referal but none of the doctors I have seen were willing to give me one

Dr. Natasha :

have you seen an audiologist?

Customer:

no

Dr. Natasha :

how do they know you have hearing loss?

Customer:

one of the doctors said that and I wasn't happy with that answer because I specifically said to him my level of hear varies through out the day

Dr. Natasha :

I agree with you

Dr. Natasha :

are these GPs?

Customer:

yes all from different practices as I was told to get another option

Customer:

I'm just finding it hard that four doctors could have four very different answers

Dr. Natasha :

Well, it sounds like they have no idea what they are talking about

Dr. Natasha :

Because you need to see a specialist

Dr. Natasha :

Honestly, I would consider paying for a private one at this point

Dr. Natasha :

you also need your hearing checked

Dr. Natasha :

Because you need a good ear exam

Dr. Natasha :

I cannot recommend a solution other than seeing a specialist because this is what you desperately need

Customer:

Ok thank you

Dr. Natasha :

you are welcome.

Dr. Natasha :

I am going to send you a note in a couple of weeks to see how you are doing

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing