Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

Which parasite transferred from licking dogs, travels through

Which parasite transferred from licking dogs, travels through the human stomach wall into the bloodstream and attacks the brain causing brain membrane infection often followed by death if not treated. This is important. A life could be at stake
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dogs render a lot of parasites including round worms and hook worms but these do not travel to the brain to cause Meningitis (brain membrane infection) and round worms and hook worms do not transmit by licking, they are transferred by fecal contact of the infected animal.
I think you are talking about Leptospirosis, this is a common bacterium often preceived as a parasite that transfers from dogs to humans by licking.
The usual course is when dogs lick urine of house mice infected with Leptospira and then lick their owners or keepers, the bacteria can transmit and infect humans, in this way and then cause meningitis, liver damage and kidney failure.
Dogs may lick the urine of an infected animal off the grass or soil or drink from an infected puddle.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.