Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a red (blind) pimple on my cheek---near the base

I have a red (blind) pimple on my butt cheek---near the base of my spine. How can I address it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Does it hurt or cause any symptoms?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have a picture that you can attach here for me to have a look at and then have a better opinion of what you are having?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer:

It is there. No picture.....

Dr. Shahzad MD :

does it cause any symptoms?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

like pain or itching?

Customer:

No. just wondering what to do for it. No itching.....

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It does not sound like anything serious

Dr. Shahzad MD :

however if you really want to be sure you can have it examined by your doctor on your next visit

Customer:

Is there an ointment I can apply?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can try applying over the counter polymyxin

Dr. Shahzad MD :

to see if that helps

Dr. Shahzad MD :

this is an antibiotic

Dr. Shahzad MD :

its OTC

Customer:

Is that available in CVS or Walgreens?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

yes it should be and if its not you can ask for some other topical antibiotic which the pharmacist will suggest

Dr. Shahzad MD :

there are many brands of over the counter topical antibiotics

Customer:

Neosporin?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes that can also be helpful

Dr. Shahzad MD :

its broad spectrum antibiotic as well

Dr. Shahzad MD :

so if you have that, that can also help

Customer:

What is black salve?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

its an alternative treatment for cancer

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I do not have much info on that

Dr. Shahzad MD :

sorry :)

Customer:

thanks!

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)

Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Should I put a bandage on it after I apply the polymyxin?

Yes you should apply a bandage.
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

DOC:

the pimple has smoothed out< but my skin is red near the edges of the bandaid> what can i apply to the reddish skin? i have sensitive skin< and was careful to use a large bandaid>>>can you advise?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I am glad your pimple has smoothed out.

you can continue to use neosporin on the reddish skin before you put on the large bandaid.

if the area gets bad again, you need to see a doctor to get the area evaluated.
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.