Dr. Shahzad MD
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCPS.
28323552

I had my gallbladder out over 8 years ago they found heaps

I had my gallbladder out over 8 years ago they found heaps of gallstones as well. I had helicobactor pylori about 1 year ago had the 3 lots of antibiotics for that and a breath test which came back normal. But I have been suffering bloating of the upper stomach and feeling of tightness. At times very gasy. If or when I bend over to pick something up when bloated can reflux. But I dont reflux on a regular basis. I wonder if I could still possibly have some gall stones blocking some where or a peptic ulcer. I am ringing to make a appointment to have a endoscopy done. Mainly because I have put up with this for ever its really starting to depress me. Any ideas
jenny
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this gassy feeling and bloated feeling? I mean since how long has this been worse?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

how are your periods?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you had any blood tests recently?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

have you been tested for thyroid problems with a thyroid function test?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome. I have posted a few questions above. Please scroll up to see them all. Please answer these questions so that I can help you out with your concerns in a better way.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

thanks

Customer:

As far as medicines go no im not on anything. The doctor said im going thru perimenipause and probally have been for about 3 or so years. My periods went away for about 2 months twice but now returned. Usually every 2 to 3 weeks and now has lasted on and off for 10 days.Blood tests every year show that all is well.last bloods were done probally 6 mths ago. Have been feeling like this for about a year but every test seems normal. I swallowed dye and had a test dont know what that was called. Nothing seems to show up..

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should be on something like omeprazole 40 mg once daily because increased acidity at the perimenopausal age is something very common and can cause the symptoms that you are mentioning. Additionally taking OTC suspensions (syrups) that contain simethicone can also help with your gaseous and bloating feeling. I do not think that this is due to gallstones or remaining gallstones at all however having said that there is no harm in having an ultrasound done to be dead sure.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If your symptoms are bothering you a lot you can may be try being on some hormone replacement because I agree that sometimes around this age perimenopausal symptoms appear and this is one of the perimenopausal symptoms which may be improved by hormonal treatment

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can read more about menopause symptoms from the link below

Dr. Shahzad MD :

are you following me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

One product that contains simethicone that you can try is De-Gas which is over the counter in Australia

Dr. Shahzad MD :

are you with me?

Customer:

Will look into hormone replacement but am very vary.. Let scared... who really is the best to see about this. Just y I ur gp or a specialist in field

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that the best person is a gastroenterologist but an endocrinologist may also be helpful since it is something that may be related to hormonal changes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

so if you can get an endocrinologist that would be good

Customer:

Thank u for your advice its the most ive had in the lastyear and half since going thru this.. and I tell u the truth. U were worth the money. Thank u

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)

Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

My doctor put me on Nexium 40. I feel it is helping but ive got to b careful what I eat as I still get quite gassy. Im going to come out and say this as I dont know if its normal but my upper stomach feels weriod. Like heaviness like imflamation. At times it really does make me feel sick. When I lay down and move my legs up to my chest this roll moves up to. Is it just fat. As im quite active and no matter what I do I cant get rid of it. One doctor told me I had a muscle problem and to go c a physio. About a year ago a natupath told me I had alot of imflamation.. which I got rid of some. But why would I have inflamation. Sorry I just got so many things going around in my head.