Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Pain on my left side. It is from my back to my abdomen. I

Pain on my left side. It is from my back to my abdomen. I have an IUD so I do not have period but have blood when I go to the bathroom. I went to a walk-in clinic on Monday they said there was blood in my urine, which has gotten worse because Monday I could not see it. They thought it was kidney stones but the CT Scan showed that it was not and they only thing it showed was a 3 cm cyst on my ovary. Can a cyst cause the problems I am having? The pain is getting worse - it feels like someone beat my back with a bat and it hurts to move on that side. I need to find out where I need to go to next.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 11 months ago.

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Natasha : please type and hit reply
Dr. Natasha : Do you have blood when you urinate or when you have a BM
Dr. Natasha : did they check your urine for infection?
Dr. Natasha : when did this pain start?
Customer:

Blood when I urinate. They checked my kidney function and that was all I was told.

Customer:

The pain started Sunday in the middle of the night. I rolled over on that side and the pain was so bad it woke me up; however, when I went to bed I was fine.

Dr. Natasha : did they check your urine for infectino?
Dr. Natasha : **infection
Dr. Natasha : are you on antibiotics?
Customer:

I am not sure. They told me I had blood in my urine but that was all they told me about my urine.

Dr. Natasha : ok. are you on antibiotics?
Customer:

No, I am not on any antibiotic

Dr. Natasha : So they sent you home without any explanation for the blood in your urine and the pain?
Customer:

They thought it was a kidney stone but the CT Scan showed it was not a kidney stone.

Dr. Natasha : Right. so did they tell you what else it could be?
Customer:

They said there was a 3 cm cyst on my uteris, but they could not tell me if that was causing the problems.

Dr. Natasha : ok. well there are two things that would cause blood in your urine at your age (major things)
Dr. Natasha : kidney stone
Dr. Natasha : infection
Dr. Natasha : If they are not going to treat you for a kidney stone, they should at least have given you antibiotics for presumed infection
Dr. Natasha : you can also have a kidney stone on ct which was missed
Dr. Natasha : it doesn't happen that often but it can
Dr. Natasha : at this point, I would see a urologist- they may decide to do an ultrasound on your kidney to see if it is swollen
Customer:

That was what I needed to know. I did not believe the cyst was the problem because I have had it for awhile

Dr. Natasha : but if you are still having this much pain, you need to go back to the ER
Dr. Natasha : you need some pain medication at leas
Dr. Natasha : *least
Dr. Natasha : but a cyst does not cause this....
Customer:

Thank you for your help. I have pain medicine for a couple days.

Dr. Natasha : you are welcome
Dr. Natasha : I hope that I provided you with excellent service? ;-)?
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing