Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I rolled my ankle that I broke less then 6 months ago and felt

I rolled my ankle that I broke less then 6 months ago and felt a pop. There is some pain but not like the time I officially broke it. Mild swelling in the last 30 minutes. Should I go get to my Dr?

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello !!
Anthony Bray, MD : yes I would advise that you have your ankle checked due to the fracture history in particular ...
Anthony Bray, MD : You have probably incurred a simple sprain injury...
Anthony Bray, MD : so 1) rest and stay off the foot over the next week or do as much as you practically can ...
Anthony Bray, MD : 2) anti- inflammatory medicine would probably help... Aleve 2 tablets twice a day with food is helpful so long as you do not have ulcer disease or kidney disease...
Anthony Bray, MD : 3) ice or cold pals apply for 15 minutes several times a day for first 2 -3 days...
Anthony Bray, MD : 4) compression of the ankle with an ACE wrap may help reduce swelling and provide comfort...
Anthony Bray, MD : 5) elevate foot when you can to help reduce the swelling...
Customer: Ok thank you.
Anthony Bray, MD : since you had a fracture of this ankle it may increase your risk of a repeat fracture injury ( avulsion fracture where tendon pulls away from the bone is most common type)
Anthony Bray, MD : i think that odds are on your favor of this being a sprain and not a fracture... Use of a brace may be helpful for you.
Anthony Bray, MD : i hope this is helpful for you ! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray, MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards ,