Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Im a male in the fiftys. Im feeling blotted and nauseated

I'm a male in the fifty's. I'm feeling blotted and nauseated for 3 day's. Not throwing up and no diarrhea. feeling pains in stomach upper and lower. caught a cold 5 days ago. mucus is not green.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Any pain in the lower right or middle abdomen or pain is only on stomach area? Any fever with it? How's your bowel movements? History of heart burns?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

bowel movements daily ,pain is is stomach area, and take prilosec valve doesn't close, not running a fever.feel pain upper stomach at ribs. to lower. to growing s.

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that your symptoms are suggestive of acid-peptic disease induced complications as viral flu can trigger the symptoms of acid-reflux or GERD. Also important to rule out any liver inflammation although less likely. I will suggest to continue taking Prilosec 40 mg one tablet daily half hour before breakfast. Also important to avoid spicy or junk food, avoid alcohol and pain killers. You can also try Pepto-bismol for three to four day. I will suggest in either case to see your physician for examination and tests if this persist or get worse. Take probiotics in diet.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience: Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS