PrimaryCare1
PrimaryCare1, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Providing Integrative Healthcare for the Whole family with over 30 years experience in E.R. and Primary Care.
75862358

Noticed a tick burrowing into belly. while trying to figure

Noticed a tick burrowing into belly. while trying to figure how to get it out properly, it hurt. seemed like it was trying to get it's whole body int me. we live next to forest, deer all around and tick was small. I don't believe I got all of it not even half, but maybe I did. I am prone to hives but their is a nickel sized welt around bite. Did not have alcohol, iodine seemed old, didn't burn but tried to clean site as best I could. It is 11:30 pm, could this wait until morning to see family MD or should I make an emergency room visit now?

PrimaryCare1 :

Hi, This is Dr. Phil, Board Certified Primary Care Physician. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I am happy to answer your question

PrimaryCare1 :

This is not an emergency. You have done everything correctly-You should see your Family Doctor tomorrow to decide if you should start on antibiotics and to decide if further exploration of your tick bite for residual tick parts is necessary.

Customer:

there is a very small window to view your response, and even scrolling I cannot read the first half of your response. I can tell from last half that you are saying see family doc tomorrow

PrimaryCare1 :

This is not an emergency. You have done everything correctly. You should see your Family Doctor tomorrow to decide if you should stsrt on antibiotics and to decide if further exploration of your tick bite for residual tick parts is necessary.

Customer:

Frustrating! Not your fault, but I won't use this site again. I can't read your replies except for one line. Thanks for help, apparently time is not of essence with possible lyme disease so I will call my Doctor in morning

PrimaryCare1 :

If I switch this CHAT mode to Questions and answers, let me see if that helps anything-do you want me to do that? and you should carry on hitting the Reply button, but it comes out rather like a text than in CHAT mode and see if that helps?

PrimaryCare1 :

I'll try splitting up the answer in short lines:

Customer:

I see "button, but it comes out......

PrimaryCare1 :

Not an emergency

Customer:

got it

PrimaryCare1 :

You have done everything correctly

Customer:

ok

PrimaryCare1 :

You should see your Dr. tomorrow

Customer:

I will do that

PrimaryCare1 :

To decide if you should start

PrimaryCare1 :

on antibiotics

PrimaryCare1 :

And to decide

Customer:

antibiotics or see if there are tick parts left, ok

PrimaryCare1 :

Okay- I hope that helps!!

PrimaryCare1 :

Sorry you are having so much trouble

Customer:

It makes me rest easier, thanks.

PrimaryCare1 :

Please let Customer Service know

Customer:

know?

PrimaryCare1 :

That you had problems

PrimaryCare1 :

reading the question

Customer:

not sure how to contact them

PrimaryCare1 :

There should be a link on the page

Customer:

ok, thanks