Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I been bleeding for 3 days from my anus. I do not have any

Customer Question

I been bleeding for 3 days from my anus. I do not have any medical coverage as of now. I know how expensive this may be, so am worried about my condition especially with my financial situation. What do you recommend I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 8 months ago.

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Natasha :

How much bleeding are you having?

Customer:

It is flowing at times like water

Dr. Natasha :

that is a lot of bleedinhg

Dr. Natasha :

you need to see a physician about it asap

Dr. Natasha :

You do not need medical coverage to be seen in the ER

Dr. Natasha :

because this can be life threatening

Dr. Natasha :

if you go to a county ER, they will have you pay on a sliding scale

Dr. Natasha :

they have funds set aside for uninsured and underinsured

Customer:

I think so but I do not want my wife to worry to much.

Dr. Natasha :

well, if you don't go to the ER and get this checked out, your wife may not have a husband to worry about

Dr. Natasha :

seriously

Customer:

I know when I am about to bleed when my stomach begins to fell funny

Dr. Natasha :

yes, you really really need to be seen asap.

Dr. Natasha :

this is a medical emergency

Customer:

Okay, thank you very much. By the way, the information I provided is confidential right.

Dr. Natasha :

absolutely

Dr. Natasha :

Please keep me posted.

Dr. Natasha :

I am going to check in with you in 2 days

Customer:

I just have to pay $55 for this right

Dr. Natasha :

yes

Dr. Natasha :

I hope that I provided you with excellent service? :-)?

Dr. Natasha :

but I will follw up with you for free

Customer:

Okay, is it okay for me to go on Saturday, because I have class tomorrow and I work on Friday?

Dr. Natasha :

I would go now if you are bleeding this much,

Dr. Natasha :

I am an ER doctor- this is my recommendation- you can bleed so much you can become anemic

Dr. Natasha :

and if it is like water, you are bleeding alot

Customer:

What does anemic mean?

Dr. Natasha :

when your blood count is really low

Dr. Natasha :

you can pass out, go into heart failure or shock

Dr. Natasha :

this is some serious stuff

Dr. Natasha :

Normally I don't advise people to go to the ER right away from this site, but this is one of the few times that I do

Customer:

Okay, I will want until my wife gets home and I will go then.

Dr. Natasha :

ok

Dr. Natasha :

keep me posted

Dr. Natasha :

Customer:

Yes mam I will and thank you.

Dr. Natasha :

great

Customer:

Do I just log off now or what?

Dr. Natasha :

just complete the feedback process and you are done

Dr. Natasha :

I will send you a note tomorrow to follow up

Customer:

Okay

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Hey Chris.
How are you feeling? Checking in with you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I am okay, still bleeding. I went to see a doctor and I have hemorrhoid problems. It is not major, thank God. However, I have to see another doctor on Monday for more testing. Thank you for all you have done. Hope you have a great day and God Bless.

you are welcome and thank you for the follow up chris!