Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I am doing a report for school on Health Information Technology

I am doing a report for school on Health Information Technology and I was wondering about what doctors might think of a couple topics. Are doctors usually late in filling out medical records? Would workshops help doctors transition to ICD-10 if they were made available a few times a week?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

yes, many doctors are late in filling out medical records. many hospitals punish doctors or send them nasty letters when they don't complete and sign off on their medical records

doctors have very little time. transition to ICD10 coding is often done by office staff and billing specialist in the department. doctors would be more likely to learn about this coding update if the update is given in a short period of time, usually over lunch in 30-45 minutes. doctors also tend to have short attention spans. and the billing and coding specialist in the department also needs to attend the workshop as well.