Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Hello,I was lying myself onto my bed last night when I

Hello, I was lying myself onto my bed last night when I bent my back awkwardly; I bent forward (downward) and to the right at the same time. I have a little bit of soreness in the middle of my back (opposite of my solar plexus), but am otherwise fine. A) Should I see a doctor? B) Is this just an issue (sprain or other) with the muscles/tendons or does this have anything to do with the spinal cord?

Information:  I am a 24-year-old male, not overweight or with other health issues

This is Dr. David

if you are still able to walk and feel your feet, most likely you have not injured your spinal cord.

it sounds like you most likely pulled or sprained a paraspinal back muscle. you can try to ice the area or use a heating pad to relax the muscle to see if that helps the pain.

it doesn't sound like you injured your spinal cord

let me know if you have questions.