Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

My mothrr is talking out oc her head and has not slept in 24

My mothrr is talking out oc her head and has not slept in 24 hours
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 8 months ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

how long has she been behaving in this way?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please type your response and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message.

Customer:

My mother is talking out of her head and has not slept in the last 24 hours

Dr. P. Jyoti :

does she have any known medical problem?

Customer:

She is 90 years old

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P. Jyoti :

i am assuming that she was otherwise healthy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this is something for which you need to see the doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this could bes something like a mini-stroke

Dr. P. Jyoti :

such symptoms may be caused by a mini-stroke

Dr. P. Jyoti :

it may also be caused by acute psychotic episode, mania, etc

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hence it is important that you show her to a doctor ASAP

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask for an MRI of the brain which will be confirmatory

Dr. P. Jyoti :

have her checked up at the earliest

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

if necessary you have to take her to the ER if you cannot talk to a doctor directly

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this is important to keep her safe

Dr. P. Jyoti :

specially because of her age

Dr. P. Jyoti :

best to take her to the ER

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello do you have any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello are you there?

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.