Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

what causes veins cave in all over body and what is the Treatment

what causes veins cave in all over body and what is the Treatment for it ?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr,

She has a lot of medical problems I will list them

Open-heart surgery since 5 years.

Thank you for that extra information.

Having the veins being difficult to find due to them caving in is, actually, very common.

The good news? It it nothing to worry about :)

This condition is caused by a number of issues but the most common -- and I believe that this is what was going on in your mothers case -- is dehydration.

Your mothers severe diarrhea caused her to become dehydrated. This decreases her blood volume in her body which then causes her veins to be hard to find and makes them cave in.

Once she starts to drink normally, and the IV fluids she got in the ER take effect, everything will go back to normal and her veins will be just fine. No other specific therapy is needed and there is nothing to be worried about.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS