Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I am currently on Dexedrine for ADD. I just started a week

I am currently on Dexedrine for ADD. I just started a week ago. I was taken off Ritilin and Cymbalta and changed to Dexedrine. The reason for the change was that the ritilin was only working for about an hour and a half, and then I would experience anxiety, depression and nervousness, especially in my stomach. But now I'm experiencing the same thing with the dexedrine. I am also taking Serroquel and Adivan which I have been taking for years. Are there any other medications or combinations that might work better? Thanks
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

there is long acting adderall XR which contains dextroamphetamine and amphetamine which could last longer for you.

Dexedrine is dextroamphetamine alone.

I would ask your doctor to try Adderall XR which is longer acting and could help your ADD for a longer period of time and not wear off like ritalin or dexedrine

another option is Focalin XR which is a long acting dexmethylphenidate

or Methylin ER which is long acting methylphenidate for ADD

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do these recommendations take care of the depression as well or do I need a separate medication for that?

no, the medications I mentioned are only for ADD. and are longer acting medications for ADD.

they do not take care of depression. you still would need a medication for depression.
let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website

Thanks for using
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do these recommendations for ADD have any adverse reactions with medications for depression?

if you have taken ritalin and Dexedrine before, you can take Adderall XR