Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

i have a dark line running longitudinal in my big toe nail.

i have a dark line running longitudinal in my big toe nail. cancer?
also the big toe feels numb and tingly but can still feel everything strangs hard to explain. somedays my whole foot will feel like this and my toe hurts after walking on it for extended amount of time

the line is dark and runs long ways threw my toenail and has been there for a few years now along with the symptoms

Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

this dark line is called Melanonychia Striata

this can be a sign of melanoma (subungual melanoma), or it could be benign pigmentation. so it is not always cancer.

you should see a dermatologist and get a biopsy of the nail bed underneath to find out for sure.

only a biopsy can tell if there is a melanoma or not

you can read more here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would the feeling in toe be related or could there be a second cause

what feeling do you have in the big toe?

most likely it is a separate issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my big toe is always tingly like its numb but its not it hurts and the longer i walk the more pain and if i bump something its all intensified

I see.

this sounds like a pinched nerve in the the or possibly arthritis or gout or poor circulation in the toe.

most likely the nail discoloration doesn't have anything to do with it.

but you still need to get the nail bed biopsied there

and you need an exam of the toe, and blood work to check for gout and an foot xray to check for arthritis of the toe.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you one more question if you have the time

a year ago i had my galbladder removed due to gal stones since the sergury everytime i eat i have stomach pain and i have to run to the restroom i have not had a solid bowel movment since the surgery and after a big meal or one alcholic drink my right side hurts my physician is not really any help with any question

you need to consult a GI doctor and ask for an upper endoscopy scope procedure to check for ulcers and duodental ulcers which can cause pain when you eat. they should should also check you for H Pylori stomach infections and c difficile infecitons of your stool

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website

Thanks for using