Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

hello, my chest area is feeling a bit discomfort.. it doesnt

hello, my chest area is feeling a bit discomfort.. it doesn't really hurt..it just feels uncomfortable when i breathe sometimes..and some movements..and when lying and sitting down... it started yesterday randomly..but i've experienced this off and on over the last few years before and it only lasted a few minutes..
thanks
shiyiin
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have pressure or pain in chest,at times of deep breath?
Do you have breathing discomfort?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can't realy describe the discomfort... it's not really pressure...its just uncomfortable..and breathing wise is fine..sometimes a bit short breathed.. but most of the time is ok..it's harder at night when im sleeping though.. and i'm not suffering from any medical condition or on medication..

and i dont have any emotional stress or anxiety issue..

Dear Shiyiin, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I understand your concern.

Such discomfort in chest, during times of sitting and lying down could be due to Costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall.
This is not a serious issue, and can be managed with medications.

Nerve can be compressed due to inflamed cartilage and thereby the pain can be felt in arm/ back too.

To treat this condition doctor advise for medications. These are-
-Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like- Motrin, Naproxen ,Aleve.
-Antidepressants, specifically tricyclic antidepressants, are very helpful.
-Muscle relaxants, are also very helpful in such cases.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could it be pluerisy? i read up up on it and it sounds similar..but unsure.. and i just wanna make sure its got nothing to do with my heart..the pain goes in the make too..last night i tried to do some exercise around that area like stretching..and i found that when i move my head down i could feel the slight pain in the back area..

Dear Shiyiin, Thanks for asking follow up question. I am happy to answer you further.

Well, i am pretty sure that it not related with heart disease. Please don't get panic, that you have any serious issue.
Yes, pain in back, during times of stretching is related with Costochondritis.

Pleurisy is also associated with symptoms like- Dry cough, Fever and chills, Loss of appetite.
As such, it doesn't sounds to be related with Pleurisy.

You can get a clinical examination done, from your doctor.

If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.