Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi, I have numbness in my finger tips and pinky fingers, especially

Hi, I have numbness in my finger tips and pinky fingers, especially bothersome when typing on my computer. My vision is blurry at times and and I feel like I have a film over my eyes when I am having an attack. It comes and goes and when it goes my eye site clears. I have had chronic left ear pain and if I pull on the ear it relieves the pressure and feels better. I have alot of weakness and fatigue. I walk like i am drunk. i do not drink. I get numbness in my feet and muscles spasms. I have chest pain and radiating nerve and numbness on my back. I drop things frequently and am dizzy when standing. I feel anxious for periods of time and feel like I cant catch my breath. My father died of supra nuclear palsy and I am terrified I have it as well. I have not been to a doctor in two years. I suffer from foggy brain and feel congested a lot. I get headaches and chest congestion. I also have numbness down my center to my groin at times. It's wierd. Thanks for any advice.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

I do not believe you have SNP like your Dad.

That being said, with all your varied and long standing symptoms I feel that, at this point, I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Rick.

I live in New York City and we have two excellent hospitals that I believe are teaching: Columbia and Mount Sinai. Your advice is excellent and thank you.

The odd thing is that the symptoms came on heavy in July 2011and then miraculously left me on Jan 1 2012 and did not return until August of this year. The only symptoms that have been constant are my left ear congestion and my numb finger tip pads.

When I tilt my head to the right I feel my ear opening. Prior to 2011 I fell on my head in 2009 and suffered a concussion and broken bones in wrists. But my whole life I have had extreme anxiety, shallow breathing and foggy head and congestion and an inability to focus. Scattered and not able to collect my thoughts.

I actually trained in NYC and you would get excellent care at either one of those hospitals. If I was to be asked which one I would, personally, pick I'd probably lean toward Columbia, but only because I know some of the doctors there personally.

You will be happy with the quality of care at either institution.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS