Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

Hi, My friends dad is in the pink of health (no high blood

My friend's dad is in the pink of health (no high blood pressure, cholesterol....) all along. He's 75 years old.

He's been drinking lemon + orange juice with empty stomach in early morning for couple of months now.

He started complaining of abdominal pain for a month and this morning, he vomited blood, dark red blood in lumps.

He was admitted to the hospital yesterday for abdominal pain but did not stay overnight in the hospital for observation as he refused to stay. Doctors have not been able to tell what's wrong with him. X-ray is not telling much either. CT scan was also done - everything look ok, liver, pancreas, doctor say OK. He is not able to tell or describe much to the doctors either.

His pain is mostly left side, down.

What could be the problem or possible causes?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Is the pain in the upper abdomen?

Does he smoke, drink or take over the counter pain meds like advil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr. Phil,

The pain is on the lower left side of the abdomen. He smokes 2-3 sticks a day. No liquor drinking.

He was given pain jab in the hospital and that's the reason he felt well enough to leave the hospital. He has no pain now and he felt relieved after throwing up the bloody lumps with yellowish foam.

Looks normal and behave normal. Talk and walk normal.

Thanks for this reply WK

Likely he has a stomach ulcer

This could be from the smoking and from the juices

The juices have a lot of acid.

They can cause erosion of the stomach, ulcers and bleeding.

he also might have a bacteria called h pylori that can cause this.

He really needs an endoscopy where the doctor passes the scope into the stomach and looks visually. This is the next step

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)