Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello, I have been having some medical symptoms that I would

Hello, I have been having some medical symptoms that I would like to know more about. For several years now I've had some issues with Tinnitus. Not the constant type but an acute attack usually in one ear. Lasts about 8-10 seconds, then fades away. These last several months now I am having a lot of lightheadedness (the feeling I may pass out). Not so bad when I am sitting or walking but just standing in one place, I feel it. Also been moody lately and my sleep is all disrupted. I could be exhausted but when I sleep I wake up 20-25 times throughout the night. I am on a lot of medications for hypertension, to depression, to insomnia, and acid reflux. But I've been on all of these for sometime now. The newest one is for sleep, Hydroxyzine Pamoate 25mg CAP, been on that for about 10 months now. The rest I've been on for years. I have thought about talking to my doctor but I go to the VA Hospital, they are not a friendly bunch. So I thought I would through my symptoms to JustAnswer and make sure its nothing serious.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Christopher,

With your diverse and long standing symptoms I think that -- while I appreciate your confidence in Just Answer -- as you can imagine, using online chat as my only diagnostic "tool" it is very difficult to come up with a solution to what is going on.

I fully understand your issues with the VA system. Have you given any thought to going for a consult at a teaching hospital?

Why a teaching hospital? Because at at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS