Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I have a question about some nausea

Customer Question

I have a question about some nausea that I've been having. It gets pretty sever at times, but I have not thrown up. I have also had a bit of a headache, not sure if maybe this is causing the nausea. I went to eat something this morning, and took one bite and felt so sick I couldnt' eat anymore. This has been going on for about two weeks I would say

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. How long you have this nausea? Any history of heart burns? Any pain in abdomen?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have had the nausea about two weeks now. I have had heart burn from time to time, my mom has Acid reflux if I remember right. There has been some pain in the lower part of my abdomen but I thought it was a muscle strain. Though it started about the same time as the nausea.

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the details. Lastly, if you can tell me how's your bowel movements & pain is in lower right or lower left abdomen? Any burning during urination?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Bowel movements have been fine. The pain isn't really to either side, it's more in the middle of the abdomen

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the details. I would say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as acid-peptic disease with its induced complications BUT most important is to investigate and rule out Appendicitis which can present like that in mild cases with persistent nausea. I will highly advise to see your physician for evaluation or visit ER for examination and tests. It's time to start also proton pump inhibitors such as Tab. Nexium 40mg one tablet daily for three to six weeks one tablet daily half hour before breakfast. Avoid spicy or junk food, avoid alcohol. Take probiotics in diet.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

What should I look at trying to eat because nothing really sounds good. People say food and I just go yuck.

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.

I would suggest try eating healthy diet at least five portions of vegetables or fruits in a day. Take probiotics in diet and you can take chicken and fish. Reduce red meat intake and try to eat in a healthy manner. Milk, yoghurt is also good. Most important is to stay away from junk, spicy food & avoid alcohol.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed

Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience: Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have a bit of a new symptom. I had a bowel movement last night and wiped and had bright red blood on the toilet paper. This is teh only time that I have seen it. My dr did put me on ranitidine hcl and my heart burn has stoped. I am waiting on blood results as the nausea has not gotten any better

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for coming back. I would suggest that blood in stool is a serious symptom which should not be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly. I would highly advise to see your physician for evaluation and tests, important to investigate any hemorrhoids, any growth or mass in colon (less likely in this age), anal fissure and sometimes due to severe constipation. Follow the guidelines which I gave above and you will find these helpful.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the advice. I had went to the dr and they did blood work. The blood work came back neg. (Not sure what all tests that they ran) They gave me ranitidine hcl and that has helped the heartburn, it's all gone still burping alot. The Nausea though is another problem. It's still there, and sometimes makes it hard to want to eat. I'll sit down with food and smell it, or take a bite and I'll just be done I feel so sick.

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.
You are welcome and thanks for coming back. Yes they confirmed what I was thinking acid-peptic disease and that's why they have given you Ranitidine. It is important to take this for few weeks and you will find that helpful. You are getting better and your symptoms such as burping and nausea is due to acid-peptic disease most likely as they have evaluated you for other things which came back negative. I will suggest to continue taking that and most important is to avoid spicy or junk food. Add also probiotics in diet and avoid pain killers and alcohol. If this is not getting any better with in two weeks then I will suggest to ask your doctor to have test for H.pylori infection and may be referal to gastroenterologist for evaluation and upper GI endoscopy but I am hopeful you will be fine. The other option can be to start proton pump inhibitors such as Tab. Nexium if you are not getting better with Ranitidine in few weeks time.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed