Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I had cholorectal cancer, stage 3, in 2006. I had surgery

I had cholorectal cancer, stage 3, in 2006. I had surgery that removed 18'' of my ascending colon and 32 lymph nodes, followed by 6 months of chemotherapy. I have since been discharged with no reoccurances. What is my life expectancy with this medical history? I am otherwise healthy, although the chemotherapy seems to have weakened me overall. My systolic blood pressure, for example, is 10 to 20 points higher. I've been left with surface neuropathy on the face of my hands and on the bottom of my feet. Thankyou. Jerry

I am 65 years old.

Hello, to answer your specific question you would be considered cured at this point as you have had no recurrence after five years. Your other comments are difficult to explain but may be secondary to the chemotherapy or part of the normal aging process.