Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I was recently taken off my prescription of morphine after

Customer Question

I was recently taken off my prescription of morphine after many years. I was wondering what the possibility was for a Dr. there prescribing morphine to an American citizen and returning to the USA with the medication and refills?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you wanting to do this online or with an in person visit to the doctor?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Stephen,

Dr. Rick, MD : Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
Dr. Rick, MD : Are you wanting to do this online or with an in person visit to the doctor?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Where are you located?

Stephen,

I am in the Midwest of the USA.
Just in case you were wondering, I do not see patients from this website in my private office due to contractual obligations.

Are you wanting to find a MD in a specific area of the USA? If so, will you have your medical records available?

Or were you looking to refill your Rx with an online consultation?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry Dr. Rick I lost all the info I had typed on the computer and was frustrated so just left it. As you probably realized I'm computer illiterate.live in Longview Wa. & would see a Dr. with my records if that would help. I am insured with Kaiser and getting nowhere with my Dr. I could change to a different provider but this takes time. I am worried about my safety as I have had open heart surgery and have an irregular

heart beat. My heart specialist says no stress but without these meds thats impossible. I will be running out of these pills soon. What I need to know is if I can't find someone here what about Victoria

BC or even Portualgo as I understand they have legalized all drugs. Again sorry for missing your timing and will wait until your able to respond. THANKS

Stephen,

Morphine will be very difficult to find without a Rx even outside of the USA.

You should consult with a pain management specialist. They will be the doctor with the most experience with prescribing morphine and will best able to assist you.

I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Rick, would be happy to give you an A+ in all areas . Would like to know how to reach you again as I have many questions and could possibly answer some for you. Portugal interests me. What about Drs. there? Being legal there where could I find info about my problem getting a prescription and getting it legally here to the good ole USA? Probably a question you haven't much knowledge about but PLEASE think out of the box as I'm seriously concerned about my health. thanks for your knowledge!

Stephen,

You can reach me on this website by posting in the eye or medicine thread and asking, in the start of your question for "Dr. Rick"

It would be a pleasure to help you again.

Have a Happy Halloween :)

Dr. Rick