Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Hi I like to ask you a few question. What if you are having

Hi I like to ask you a few question. What if you are having a magrin and it hurts a lot , also your body is cold and you have back pains. And one more thing you vomit and have diarrhea? I need so,e answer so please help me.

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray, MD : I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend is feeling so bad ...
Anthony Bray, MD : it sounds likely that she may be ill with a gastroenteritis --- this could fit with the diarrhea for example ...
Customer: Thank you. I think she has a flu but I am not sure
Anthony Bray, MD : the nausea could be due to her migraine or GI illness.,.
Anthony Bray, MD : Does she have a regular medicine for her migraines???
Customer: No.
Anthony Bray, MD : That would be helpful if she had Zomig or Immitrex or Relpax or Maxalt which are migraine specific medicines ...
Customer: She took some Tylenol earlier
Anthony Bray, MD : Well over the counter Tylenol may help some with headache but other options by prescription would be better -- ( Exedrin is good over the counter for migraines but now the aspirin unit may irritate her stomach..)
Customer: she was fine his morning but after she went out to trace bell she started to have migraines then she started to feel tired.
Anthony Bray, MD : have her try Pepto Bismol for her nausea and diarrhea... One dose after each loose stool .. Max 7 doses per day and max 5 days ....
Anthony Bray, MD : Simple over the counter Dramamine it Benedryl or Emetrol may also help with nausea...
Anthony Bray, MD : I think she likely has gastroenteritis illness ( these are more often viral bit occasional bacterial )
Customer: Okay I will get her that.
Customer: Is there any OTC medication I could get for her to help her out?
Anthony Bray, MD : her diet should be mainly clear liquids -- soups/ Gatorade/ jello until 12 hours without vomiting....
Customer: Okay.
Anthony Bray, MD : important for her to avoid dehydration with this illness...
Customer: Okay.
Anthony Bray, MD : I think the illness triggered her migraine as secondary effect...
Customer: Her migraine is really bad and she said it hurts really bad.
Anthony Bray, MD : Yes she may benefit from the Pepto for her GI illness...
Anthony Bray, MD : Dramamine / Benedryl / or Emetrol for nausea ...
Customer: Okay, I'll go grab some for her.
Anthony Bray, MD : I would start with Tylenol for her migraine ... OTC Exedrin could be more helpful for migraines BUT this may be trouble with stomach irritation !!
Customer: Okay.
Anthony Bray, MD : i think she would benefit to see her doctor soon as in tomorrow if possible...
Customer: So mainly get bendryl, some soup/jello/Gatorade to help
Customer: Okay.
Anthony Bray, MD : I think prescription meds for her migraine headaches and nausea would help...
Customer: Okay, if it gets worser tomorrow we will go to a doctor.
Anthony Bray, MD : once she has not thrown up for 12 hours the. She may advance to bland diet --- carbs/bread/ rice/ potatoes / bananas/ apple sauce / soups... Good examples of bland type foods for the next 24 hours....
Anthony Bray, MD : Ok I hope that she feels better soon!
Customer: Okay.
Anthony Bray, MD : let me know if you have further questions!
Customer: Thanks doc for helping me out.
Customer: I will doc.
Anthony Bray, MD : I will be happy to get back with you!!
Hello!

This is Dr. Anthony Bray with Justanswer.com. We spoke yesterday with regard to your girlfriend's migraine headaches plus GI illness. I hope that this note finds her feeling better! Thank you for using our service. Thank you also for the positive feedback!

Please feel welcome to return in the future if you have other medical or health questions! You may reach me specifically if you wish via my profile page on the site. This is http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-anthonybraymd/

You can type question or comment in the box on this page and it would be directed to me. Thanks again and best regards to you!

Anthony Bray MD