Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

cost of shoulder operation in nz how long is the waiting list

Customer Question

cost of shoulder operation in nz how long is the waiting list can he fly home from oz for it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 12 months ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Does he have any insurance?
Where is he now?
What did he do to his shoulder?
Does he have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

no medical insurance he injured it in nz about 5 years ago told it was his ac joint had it cotisoned and it came right was not given an mir scan here last year he injured it at the gym lifting weights this is in oz we he is living at the moment went to specialist and had a cortisone slowly over time it vame right he went back to the gym few months ago and it aggravatted it again had an mir scan sunday went to specialist yesterday and needs an operation there is a cyst there fluid and the cartlidge is stuffed he is in pain . it would cost $8000 in australia not sure of the waiting list here or the cost of it here in nz specialist said it is not his ac joint and couldnt understand why he wasnt sent for a scan when he first injured it

First of all, Yes. He can fly home with this injury without concern. You will, of course, have to carry his bags for him ;)

The waiting list in NZ for this type of surgery varies but can run anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months depending on where you are in the country.

Of course, if you are willing to hire a private surgeon, bring copies of his MRI and medical records he might be able to have surgery right away.

The same would be true if he were private pay and traveled to the USA and underwent surgery at a place such as the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, for example.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

thankyou can you give some idea of the cost in nz