Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I get gas right after I have lunch. Its a little too much and

I get gas right after I have lunch. Its a little too much and embarrasing and hard to sit in my office with other people around. It last all day. I will have a bowel movement but it only helps for a little while and the gas just starts up again. I eat diner in the evening it doesn't seem so bad after about 7:00 pm every things ok. I tried watching what I eat but no matter what I eat I get Gas. I have acid reflux and do take some medication for that.I just don't know what to do anymore. I am 49 years old
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

you should see a GI doctor about this excessive gas.

H Pylori infection of the stomach can produce excessive urea gas in the stomach. this should be tested for.

you might benefit from trying over the counter simethicone or GasX for your symptoms to see if that helps

you might benefit from adding extra yogurt and probiotics into your diet which can help decrease gas and help with keeping you more regular.

you should keep a food log as well of what you eat and what produces the most gas.

adding more fiber usually will result wtih more gas

you could be lactose intolerant which can produce gas or even allergic to wheat glutten protein which is celiac spruce disorder which should be tested for. you might have to avoid wheat glutten protein to help your gas issue.

does this make sense?

do you have other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I think that helps. I will take your advice and see a GI doctor.

Thanks doctor david

you are welcome

best of luck to you

I hope the gas gets better

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using